Sunday 20 December 2009

Paper weaving.

The other set of artwork we did in November was paper weaving which I feel has thrown up some great ideas for quilts - particularly optical illusion quilts.
This first sample was weaving inside a shape which was based on one of the shapes from my 1960s plates. I really like the almost 3D effect that you get.

This one is weaving using curved pieces, the black strips are curvy and the coloured strips are straight.
This one is weaving a photo with plain strips.


This one is done using strips of varying widths.

I think that there are lots more ways that I could explore possible quilt designs using weaving as a basis. I have actually got a book on woven quilts coming from Santa and will be making some samples when I have had a good chance to study it.



No comments:

Post a Comment