Monday 19 October 2009

Two samples made into mini quilts.

I have just completed my second weekend at college and have come home with lots of new samples to work on and I even did quite a lot of artwork!!
Before I start to show them I wanted to complete my posting of samples from the first weekend.
To remind you most of the work was done using automatic embroidery stitches on the sewing machine. My personal theme is 1960s pottery and I have used two plates to inspire the two mini quilts. The photos are a visual guide on how I went from plate to quilt - there is more detail on how I made them on my other blog.





This quilt is free motion quilted using the automatic stitch.

















This quilt uses the automatic stitch to embellish the stars over the sheer fabric. It is then quilted with a straight stitch around the stars.

1 comment:

  1. Great results - better than the original plate in the second piece IMHO!! Well done

    ReplyDelete